This year was quite memorable for the AIDA Dance USA team proving once again why! From our first Blackpool Champions to our first time vending at the Ohio Star Ball, 2016 was a year of milestones for AIDA Dance USA. Check out these headline stories from our "2016 Year-In-Review":
Maurizio Vescovo Retires from Competitive Dancing - Maurizio was, and always will be, one of the most charismatic and entertaining dancers to grace the dance floor. Throughout his partnership with Andra, they became undefeated Canadian Champions and Silver medalists in Blackpool and World Championships.
Pasha Stepanchuk and Gabriella Sabler Become Blackpool Champions - It is every couples dream to become Blackpool champions. Although there have been plenty of AIDA Dance Blackpool champions, this was AIDA Dance USA's first one! Congratulations once again to Pasha and Gabriella for #winning the RS Amateur Latin at Blackpool, and check out their reaction during this video!
- Nick Cheremukhin and Vika Become National and World Champions - You know how we ALWAYS say #ChampionsChooseAIDA. Well, a week after becoming sponsored by AIDA Dance USA, Nick and Vika became World and National Champions in the Pro Smooth. All of this in a two week span! Now do you believe us?
- Marat Gimaev and Alina Basyuk Make their First Final at The Internationals - For any competitive ballroom dancer, there are three competitions you always want to be your best at. The Big 3, if you will. Blackpool, UK Open, and The Internationals. After 4 years of ending 7th at every single Big 3 competition, Marat and Alina finally made their breakthrough final at one of the Big 3, The Internationals at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Congratulations!!!
- Vlad Shakhov and Ekaterina Popova Win the UK Open - A week after becoming sponsored by AIDA Dance USA, Vlad and Ekaterina had their best result by #winning the RS Pro Ballroom at the UK Open!
- AIDA Dance USA Adds 9 News Sponsored Couples - Do you think you can tell which of our sponsored couples are new?
- New Smagin Model Unveiled - The year that Evgeni Smagin retired from competitive ballroom dancing is also the year that AIDA Dance unveiled the new Smagin model. Check out its sleek design.
- AIDA Dance USA Vends at the Ohio Star Ball for the First Time Ever!
- Incredible Results at The Internationals
- Blackpool Champions and Finalists
- 3 National Titles at the Amateur Nationals in Provo, Utah
- AIDA Dance Legends, Eugene Katsevman and Maria Manusova, Organizing their First Competition
- Starting the Year Off Right at the UK Open
- Shane and Shannon Jensen Featured on America's Got Talent!
- 2 Couples and AIDA Brand Ambassador Featured on Dance Legends
- AIDA Dance Participated in our First Ever Gala on the West Coast - Karina Smirnoff's "A Night to Remember"
And there you have it. 2016 was quite eventful and successful for AIDA Dance USA and we hope in 2017 we bring even more joy to people's feet! (Also, you can check out our "2015 Year-In-Review")