Bumchin Tegshjargal & Michelle Klets
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Michelle started her ballroom dancing journey at the very young age of 4 years old, but really began her intense competitive training around 10 years old. Funny enough, her first few lessons ballroom dancing were a complete disaster, but after taking a break for a few years Michelle couldn’t stay away from the studio and asked her mom to bring her back and let her have another go at it. For the past 12 years, Michelle has been lucky to train with the very best in the field and compete in both Internation Latin and Standard. Michelle ended up choosing Latin as her specialty due to how much she loves the Latin rhythms along with its high-energy and individualistic styling where she feels she can truly shine and express her true self. In addition to her dance career, Michelle studied Economics and Finance and graduated from Cal Poly University - San Luis Obispo in June, 2021.
Bumchin and Michelle began dancing together in 2014 at the age of 15 after splitting with their prior partners and so have been dancing together for 8 years now. After dancing together for only a couple months they won their first title, the US National Youth Latin Championship.
A few of Bumchin and Michelle’s achievements are:
- US National Amateur Latin Finalist (2021, 2022)
- US National Under 21 Latin Champion (2016)
- US National Youth Latin Champions (2015, 2017)
- US National Youth Latin Vice-Champions (2016)
- US National Under 21 Latin Vice Champions (2017, 2018)
- WDC World Youth Latin Semi-finalists (2015, 2016)
- Winners and finalists at Empire Dance Championship, New York Dance Festival, Emerald Ball, Embassy Ball, Miami Vibe, California Open Dancesport, and Holiday Dance Classic